Kayak & Canyon Challenge – 5 Days
Take the thrill of whitewater into your own hands and learn to whitewater kayak on a genuine river expedition in Nepal! Top that off with a unique and exhilarating day of Canyoning exploration and and we have created an amazing adventure package. Are you up for the challenge!?
Learn to Kayak River Adventure
Our beginner “kayak clinic” has been designed to get a first time paddler feeling comfortable and competent kayaking whitewater rapids in just 4 days. Starting with 1 day on Pokhara’s Phewa Lake with views of the Annapurna Mountains, followed by 3 days paddling and camping on the remote Lower Seti River, this is the ultimate itinerary to learn the basics of whitewater kayaking while enjoying a mini river expedition and exploring Nepal.
Transfer to Chhimkesory Adventure Camp takes only 15 minutes!
Enjoy one night camping at our family run farm on the banks of the Trisuli River.
It’s just a 10 minute drive from Camp to our next big adventure.
Journey through intimate passages of contorted rock and powerful blasts of water as our specialized guides lead you abseiling, sliding, jumping and swimming down steep canyon walls to pristine pools below! Our unique Canyoning Zone is inspired by breathtaking scenery of untouched jungle with multiple cascading waterfalls dropping one after the other into refreshing pools below. We invite you to step outside your comfort zone and experience one of Nepal’s best kept secrets.
- Professional English speaking licensed guides/instructors highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue, Canyoning, Advanced Rope Work and Wilderness First Aid
- Gear raft support
- Kayak, paddle and full personal outfitting including international name brand ISO/CE certified PFDs, helmets, spray decks, paddle jackets and wetsuits
- International canyoning equipment including full perosnall outfitting of full body wetsuits, specialized harnesses with PVC slider seats, custom PFDs, helmets, specialized canyoning booties, ropes, karabiners, figure eights etc.
- Dry bags and pelican boxes to keep your personal items dry and safe on the river
- Variety of fresh, hygienically prepared meals while on the river, including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and treated drinking water
- Camping logistics and equipment including shelters, tents, simple mattresses and sleeping bags
- Round trip transportation
- River permits
- Industry standard first aid kits
What's NOT Included
- Unrelated transportation, accommodation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc…
- First night accommodation in Pokhara
- Footwear for kayaking
- Items of a personal nature including swimwear, towel and toiletries
- Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew – but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
- Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited but not obligated to offer a personal tip**
What to Bring
- Shorts / ½ pants
- Sport sandals or comfortable shoes that can get wet and will stay on your feet
- Polypropylene / quick dry long shirts
- Track pants / comfortable long pants
- Warm fleece
- Jacket (waterproof shell)
- Shoes (not essential – do not bring big trekking boots)
- Pyjamas (something comfortable to sleep in)
- Warm hat (in cold months)
- Travel towel
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen / sunscreen lip protection
- Mosquito repellant
- Water bottle
- Head lamp / flash light
- Personal first aid kit
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have one – we will provide a complimentary rental)
- A little cash for treats, tips and the occasional chance for photographs
Trip Departure Dates
Our guides are now fully vaccinated and we are finally accepting bookings!
Please inquire with your preferred departure date for the rest of 2021.
Winter – Spring 2022 Schedule Coming Soon…
Paddle Nepal Lakeside Center, Pokhara
7 am (private bus)
Damauli / 1 ½ hours from Pokhara
Jalberi Canyon / 3 + hours to Pokhara
Paddle Nepal Lakeside Center, Pokhara
Kathmandu / Bandipur / Chitwan
(local bus options)
Day 1 = lunch
Day 2 = lunch & dinner
Day 3 = breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 4 = breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 5 = breakfast & lunch
2 nights remote riverside camping
1 night @ Chhimkesory Adventure Camp
(note – 1st day in Pokhara NOT included)
Open: Sep. – June
Best: Sep. – Dec. and March – June
$367 / From Sept 2022 $405 USD