Learn to kayak with members of Nepal's National White Water Team while running genuine river expeditions...
Experience the true adventure of Nepal while rafting Himalayan Rivers and exploring some of Asia's most unique landscapes...
Paddle Himayalan white water and explore Nepal via remote rivers, pristine wilderness & authentic villages...
Explore one of Nepal's best kept secrets while abseiling, jumping, sliding & swimming down hidden canyons & cascading waterfalls...
Sun Koshi River - 8 to10 Days
|Duration||8 to 10 days|
|Put-In||Dolaghat (3 hours drive from Kathmandu)|
|Take-Out||Chatra (15 hours drive back to Kathmandu – option to fly from Birathnagar at an extra cost)|
|Class||III+/V (a beautiful river expedition with variety of white water & scenery)|
|Season||Sep – Nov / May – Jun|
“River Of Gold”
The Sun Koshi is the longest trip in river miles offered in Nepal and is rated as one of the top ten river expeditions in the world. This “river of gold” drains off of some of the highest mountains in the world following into Nepal from Tibet, allowing us to start our journey on only 3 hours outside Kathmandu.
A journey down this large volume river impresses any rafting or kayaking enthusiast with relaxing canyons, refreshing waterfalls, bat caves, interesting temples, beautiful white sandy beaches for setting up camp and of course a great variety of white water.
If you are looking for a unique long river expedition with a good variety of all that Nepal has to offer, then the Sun Koshi is an easy choice.
Suggested Add On Adventures
- Continue your journey to India...
- Fly back to Kathmandu and avoid the long bus journey!
2013 Spring Season Departures
6 - 16 May
15 - 24 May
|01 - 10 Jun|
2013 Fall Season Departures
05 – 12 Sep
01 – 08 Oct
07 - 15 Nov
- Professional English speaking licensed guidess & safety kayakers, highly trained & safety certified to international standards in Rescue 3 WRT, Nepal Red Cross CPR & High Peak First Aid International Wilderness First-Aid
- Professional safety kayakers & back up gear raft support
- International name brand ISO certified rafting & kayaking equipment including full personal outfitting from essential paddles, helmets & life jackets to dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes
- Camping accommodation (7 nights riverside camping / 1 night on the bus) We have top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, sleeping bags etc.
- Meals while on River (8 days = breakfast, lunch & dinner) We provide fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
- Round trip private bus transportation
- River permits
- Industry standard first aid kits
What's NOT Included
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc...
- Local flights (note - there is option to fly back from Birathnagar to Kathmandu at an additional cost)
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
- Alcohol and junk food
- Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
- Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
- Photos **we may offer trip photography at a small additional charge - please inquire!**
- Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer a personal tip**
What to Bring
- Shorts / ½ pant
- Sport sandals
- Polypropylene / quick dry long shirts
- Swim suit
- Track pants / comfortable long pants
- Warm fleece
- Jacket (waterproof shell)
- Shoes (not big trekking boats)
- Pyjamas (something comfortable to sleep in)
- Warm hat (in cold months)
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen / sunscreen lip protection
- Water bottle
- Head lamp / flash light
- Personal first aid kit
- Sleeping bag (if you do not have one – we will provide for free of charge)
- A little cash for treats & tips
Sun Koshi River Map
Thanks for an amazing journey. The guides were incredible! What an organized and impressive system they have setting up camp on the river. Such delicious food on beaches in the middle of nowhere - truly amazing. High five to Paddle Nepal. Paul from Canada.