Journey through intimate passages of contorted rock and powerful blasts of water as our specialized guides lead you climbing, abseiling, jumping, scrambling, sliding & swimming down steep canyon walls to pristine pools below!
Our unique Canyoning Zone is inspired by breathtaking scenery of untouched jungle, karst rock formations & multiple cascading waterfalls dropping one after the other into refreshing pools and rainbow gardens. This is truly one of Nepal’s best kept secrets...
After several months of research and exploration in 2009, our Whitewater Pursuits Specialists completed the first descents and discovered an amazing new Canyoning site, just outside of our own family village. We have now been successfully been running Canyoning adventures at this very special site for over 2 years, have secured safe anchors, tested all descents thoroughly and identified & reduced any potential risks.
We have no doubt that this is the best Canyoning site in Nepal, and with our specialized crew and extensive international equipment Paddle Nepal is your best choice for the most safe and exhilarating Canyoning adventure in Nepal.
Half way between Kathmandu & Pokhara, on the way to Chitwan - Canyoning with Paddle Nepal can be conveniently combined with white water rafting or kayaking down the Trisuli or Lower Seti Rivers, jungle safaris in the famous Chitwan National Park and local village visits from our new Chhimkesory Adventure Camp.
Suggested Add On Adventures
- Lower Seti Rafting - why not raft from Pokhara to the Canyoning Zone!? (only 10 minutes away!)
- Trisuli River Rafting - why not raft from Kathmandu to the Canyoning Zone!? (only 30 minutes away!)
- Chitwan National Park Jungle Safari Packages (only 40 minutes away!)
- Chhimkesory Adventure Camp – learn to kayak or simply relax at the village (only 10 minutes away!)
- Bandipur – a quaint village with mountain views and offers Paragliding (1 - 1 ½ hours away)
2013 Winter - Spring Season Departures
- Everyday until mid June!
2013 Fall - Winter Season Departures
- Everyday starting mid September!
- Professional English speaking licensed guides, highly trained & safety certified to international standards in Rescue 3 WRT, Nepal Red Cross CPR & High Peak First Aid International Wilderness First-Aid
- International name brand ISO certified canyoning equipment including full personal outfitting of wetsuits, specialized harnesses with PVC slider seats, PFDs, helmets, specialized canyoning booties, ropes, carabiners, figure eights, descenders, shunts, tiblocks etc.
- Lunch & drinking water
- Round trip private jeep or bus transportation
- Industry standard first aid kits
What's NOT Included
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc...
- Items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
- Junk food
- Plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
- Insurance **we provide insurance for our crew - but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan**
- Photos **we may offer trip photography at a small additional charge - please inquire!**
- Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited to offer a personal tip**
What to Bring
- Swim suit or something to wear under wetsuit
- Sunscreen / sunscreen lip protection
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes for the ride home
- A little cash for treats & tips
|Put-In||Jalberi (3 ½ hours drive from Pokhara)|
|Take-Out||Jalberi (3 ½ hours drive to Pokhara, 1 hour to Chitwan or 4 hours to Kathmandu)|
|Season||Sep – Jun|
What to Expect Canyoning with Paddle Nepal
Our famous Canyoning Zone is about 3 hours drive with our private 4WD jeep from our Pokhara Operations Center (4 hours from Kathmandu) on the way to the Chitwan National Park and close to the confluence of the Trisuli and Lower Seti Rivers.What to Expect Canyoning with Paddle Nepal
It is a moderate 30 minute walk up to the start point, where we will be rewarded with spectacular views of lush jungle and a 130 meter waterfall. Our Canyoning Zone actually has 8 main waterfalls; however we do not abseil all of them. This massive drop simply set the stage for our training and briefing before we slip slide our way down the remaining 7 cascading falls.
We will provide a comprehensive safety briefing & demonstration and then get geared up and start learning how to rock climb and abseil. We use a simple dry pitch for the instruction and practice. Once everyone feels confident and gear is triple checked, we are ready to go...
Our trip leader will always be at the top with you, providing instructions and encouragement as he helps you descend your way down the waterfalls while additional crew are waiting at the bottom for you, and securing the lines.
The largest waterfall we run is about 26 meters. Sometimes, we slide and sometimes we jump directly into the clear pools below. If you ever find it too difficult to abseil yourself, then our crew are prepared to take over and abseil you down from behind. In the unusual chance that fear totally overcomes you - there is always the chance to walk down.
The actual Canyoning exploration takes about 3 1/2 hours. We will enjoy a picnic lunch with unbelievable views in Mother Nature's best playground and then it is time for the drive back home.
Canyoning in Nepal was one of the most challenging, but rewarding experiences of my life. Although at first I was quite afraid to abseil down the first big waterfall, my guide Santos helped me feel confident and safe and by the end of the day I managed to get down all 6 waterfalls and conquered my fears. Thank-you for a truly unique adventure and memories I will never forget. Jessie from USA.