Learn to kayak with members of Nepal's National White Water Team while running genuine river expeditions...
Experience the true adventure of Nepal while rafting Himalayan Rivers and exploring some of Asia's most unique landscapes...
Paddle Himayalan white water and explore Nepal via remote rivers, pristine wilderness & authentic villages...
Explore one of Nepal's best kept secrets while abseiling, jumping, sliding & swimming down hidden canyons & cascading waterfalls...
We have an immense respect for Mother Nature and believe that “responsible adventure” means more than just picking up garbage at camp. On an outdoor adventure in Nepal, we must be accountable in many ways and have respect, not only for our environment, but for our local people and local economy.
Our efforts to show respect for Mother Nature and operate with a “leave no trace”philosophy...
- Reduce and remove all unnecessary packaging prior to packing supplies to bring on the river
- Carry out all garbage and non-compostables
- (We will even carry out the garbage left behind by other companies)
- Construct toilet tents as far away from river sources as possible, bury waste appropriately, burn toilet paper & avoid the use of chemicals
- Use “himalayan natural bricks” an environmentally sustainable clay & charcoal alternative to firewood, developed by a local NGO. In the rarest of occasions we may have a small campfire, but only if our supplies of bricks are not available and provided when enough drift wood available to manage local villages' needs
- Use gas cylinders for cooking meals
- Treat local stream water and discourage the use of plastic mineral water bottles
- We ask you to please think about what efforts you can make to reduce your waste and impact on the environment before joining us on the river.
Our efforts to show respect for our Nepali People...
- As much as logistically possible, purchase fresh organic produce, meat & eggs from local communities surrounding the rivers we run
- Hire, intensively train & encourage Nepali guides
- Provide fair standard wages and encourage other companies within our industry to do the same
- Provide comprehensive insurance coverage for our guides & crew
- Offer equal employment opportunity for all caste, male & female race
- Hire local assistance such as porters, security guards, transportation services etc.
- Show respect, integrity and a strong work ethic and be a positive role model for all we interact with
We ask you to try to understand our local Nepali People and show some acceptance & respect...
- Please dress modestly – especially when in the presence of local villagers
- Please limit public displays of affection – especially when in the presence of local villagers
- Please ask before taking pictures of local people
- Please embrace Nepal & our cultural differences (both good & bad). Remember you are our guest!
Our efforts to give something back to our local community...
- Offer complimentary “non-profit” trips to local NGOs such as “Bird Conservation Nepal” to do important research on endangered species
- Offer complimentary kayak lessons, leadership training and team building programs to local social organizations which are doing incredible work for Nepal’s underprivileged children such as “Hope for Himalayan Kids”, “Namaste Children’s Home” and “Pokhara Street Children Center”
- Provide free training programs and use of equipment as well as provide financial assistance to programs such as “Himalayan River Girls” – a local social program to help inspire and encourage more young Nepali women to get involved in eco-tourism
- Volunteer our time and provide technical logistics to NARA (Nepal Association of Rafting Agents) for the annual “Himalayan White Water Challenge” – Nepal’s National Kayaking Championships
- Help facilitate local community development projects by hosting international volunteer groups such as the “Laburnum Boat Club” to help construct toilets, biogas systems, and water supply to remote villages
- Develop a small community eco-tourism project – Chhimkesory Camp – which will create employment and improve education to those in our local village community
- Sponsor ongoing community programs such as local football teams, paragliding competitions, volleyball competitions, Himalayan triathlons, and local sport venues
If you are involved in a local project and would like our assistance in some way, please send us an email - we are always happy to help to try to make our world a better place!